Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Peach Sangria Bubbly

Fall is my favorite season and this drink was created to usher in September and kickoff the start of my autumn decorating and cooking. 


To make the sangria
1 bottle white wine - I used a Sauvignon Blanc
1/2 cup peach brandy
Sparkling water
1 white peach
1 gala apple
1/2 pint of white raspberries (put several aside for garnish)
2 cinnamon sticks

For the sugar coated raspberry garnish
1 egg
1/2 cup of sugar


In a container combine the wine, brandy, sliced white peach, one sliced gala apple, 1/2 pint white raspberries, and 2 cinnamon sticks.  Let the mixture sit at least half a day.

Fill 3/4 of your glass with the sangria, then top it off with seltzer water.

Sugared Raspberries
Whisk one egg white with water to create an egg wash.  This will be used to adhere the sugar to the raspberries.

I slit the base of the raspberry before the next step so that it could be placed on the rim of the glass without cracking the hardened sugar.

Dip the raspberries (or your fruit of choice) into the egg wash, then into sugar. Allow them to dry. You can dry them on parchment paper, but I just left mine on the sugar.

Next time I will be brushing on the egg whites to show more of the fruit.  I joked that my raspberries looked more like sugared doughnut holes.  That said, they were very delicious and I could imagine dropping them in a glass of Champagne.



I love the pretty flowers my friend brought!



Cheers from my front porch!



No comments:

Post a Comment