Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Beach and garden themed party

Today I finished styling a clients beach house for a luncheon for 8 of her friends.    This decor would also be fun for a birthday party or a ocean themed bridal shower.


For this floral ocean themed centerpiece... I cut hydrangea and sea grass from my garden (I have poison ivy on my calves to prove it :-(  )  .  Then I circled the sea grass into the container, cut the hydrangea to the height of the glass, filled with water, then tucked some sea shells into the grass.
For decorating each place setting, I took some faux tea roses, a star fish, and raffia to represent dried beach grass.

After cutting some of the roses off the stem, I tied them to the starfish with white thread to secure, then with the raffia for a finishing touch and to hide the thread.

For a little touch of whimsey, I folded some napkins and tucked sunglasses and set at each place setting.


For the bar, I used one of the star fish creations, with shells glued around white lights and more shells and glass gems were scattered on the bar leaving space for mixing the drinks.




For the dessert station, we put some joke napkins into each coffee mug.

5 comments:

  1. This is great, Linda. You should participate in the Tablescape Thursday linked blog party. You obviously have a lot of styling talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been searching for turquoise plates to use for a wedding in December. I have been unable to find any. Can I ask where you found yours?
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristin,

    The plates were part of my clients private collection. If you would like to go on my web site and click the "contact me" tab. Let me know what state your wedding will be in and how many plates and diameter(s) you are looking for. I will do a little sleuthing for you.

    Linda Http://www.Newenglandfineliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda~

    I just ran across this blog in search of turquoise tableware. Upon reading the comments, I was wondering if you were able to sleuth as to where your client purchased the plates and stemware. I have been searching unsuccessfully and would love to have a six of each. Any information would be helpful.

    Thank you,

    Deanna Lewis
    deenbella2@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deanna,

    I did find some similar plates and glasses at a party rental store, but I have not seen any in the retail market. I am keeping my eyes open for them now! :-)

    ReplyDelete