Friday, June 13, 2008

Does it count if you "almost" know/met someone famous


One day I realized how often I came close to meeting somebody famous, knew someone who knew someone famous, or at least stood where they once stood and I realized how small this world really is. I know it's not a big deal, and I'm not name dropping since I never actually met these people one on one, but here is a partial list of some of my "close calls".

- At my design studio, I met Donald Trump's personal jet pilot
- I was in the same room with Harry Conick Jr. and Sean Lennon for a press trip
- Dr. Ruth was standing in front of me at a movie theater at a ski resort
- I was informed that Jack Nicholson, Cher, and Michelle Pfeiffer were in my current studio when it was an ice cream store. They were filming "Witches of Eastwick".
- I just missed Whoopie Goldberg in an art studio.
- I have breakfast at a B&B that hosts many movie stars while they are filming in our area such as Mathew McConauhey and Sigorney Weaver.
- My nephew is an actor in LA... Oh the stories I could share! But I won't!


There is much more I could list so I won't bore you, but see what I mean... it's a small world.

Linda Calder Smith, owner of http://www.newenglandfineliving.com is an Allied ASID Interior Designer in Middleton MA, Westford MA, New England, owner of New England Fine Living, and Party Planner North of Boston. Classic New England Style or Glam Interior Design and parties have been most recently completed in Middleton, Carlisle, Andover, North Andover, Marblehead, Boston, Salem, Newburyport, Newbury, Ipswich, Westford, Boxford, Topsfield, and so many more surrounding towns!

No comments:

Post a Comment