Monday, October 10, 2016

Castle Hill Inn Newport Rhode Island

This past summer, I had the pleasure of staying at Castle Hill Inn, in Newport, Rhode Island.  I was invited to attend the Newport Music Festival and since my husband was not available to join me, I asked Lorna, a friend since childhood, to join me. Any pictures with me in them, were taken by her since I have yet to master the art of a selfie stick. :-)


Close to everything, but tucked away from it all with amazing water views:

Built in 1874, Castle Hill was first and foremost a summer residence before being converted into a private inn in the late 20th century.  Now part of the Relais & Chateaux family, Castle Hill Inn offers luxurious amenities, an attentive staff, gourmet meals and spa services.  






Inside Spaces: 



The dining room, a Forbes Four Star restaurant, serves a prix fixe menu. 


The Lawn, where cocktails and small plates of delicious delights are served right to your Adirondack chair.  Reservations are suggested. 



Our private little cottage, the Winward. 




This was such a wonderful and unexpected treat and also very much appreciated! 


Seeing the cozy bed, with crisp white sheets, I was already looking forward to resting my head upon my pillow, but that would have to wait.  The day was just beginning and I was ready to take in more of my surroundings.




 A book about Newport was available for me to read while I decompressed a bit from the drive. Luckly, Newport is well under two hours from my home, so this is an easy getaway destination for me.



When I sat to read the book a bit, I couldn't believe we didn't pour the wine right away, but let me assure you, the cheese and fruit platter was enjoyed as soon as I sat down. 


A private cottage style kitchenette, complete with a farmers sink, was available for our use.  Needless to say, we took full advantage of being away for a couple of days and never added a plate to the sink. Since we did not have to cook for our husbands or kids, we were able to indulge in the meals served at the inn and surrounding restaurants.   


This bathroom oozes coastal charm!  More beadboard, soft blue walls, chrome fixtures, and a deep soaking tub that sat under a window overlooking the ocean. Their is a privacy wall off the back deck, so I had to stand in the tub to see the ocean, but I didn't care, I could hear it.



Let's check what is beyond this door, shall we?


Whoa!  I was not expecting this view and I did not realize how close we would be to our own private beach.  The scent and sound of the ocean that came drifting through the cottage door immediately helped my shoulders drop.


Each day, afternoon tea is available for guests in a private tea room.  Teas by Harney & Sons are presented and a tiered tray of desserts and sandwiches is made available.  During this visit, the chef created a gluten free feast for us. 


Lorna's tea selection is being poured.  We love being a little spoiled and pampered! 


While I patiently wait :-)


My tea raspberry tea selection has been poured and I am ready to sip and enjoy.


Our food has arrived.



After tea, my dear friend and I drove to Rosecliff to listen to some classical music. 




One of the many beautiful roses, found in the side courtyard rose garden.






This is what I would call one of life's simple pleasures.  Listening to classical music, while sipping Champagne in the company of a good friend.




After our evening at Rosewood, we returned to Castle Hill Inn just in time to enjoy the setting sun then went inside for meal and cocktails in the bar.  

Once finished, we returned to our cottage where we found cozy robes and chocolates laid upon the bed and soft classical music playing in the background.  It was pure bliss and I knew a good nights sleep was ahead of me. 




The next morning, I enjoyed waking to the sound of waves and decided to enjoy my espresso in bed. 




The sad moment.... leaving my beautiful little cottage by the sea, but I will return!



Photo via Castle Hill Inn

Photo via Castle Hill Inn

Fall Escape Special At Castle Hill Inn:

You just got to see my visit during the summer, but Autumn at the Inn is truly a special time of year as well. 

During your stay, enjoy a gourmet breakfast overlooking Narragansett Bay each morning and their exclusive guest-only afternoon tea. 

Head into town and enjoy the splendor of the Newport Mansions with entry for two at any of the Newport Preservation Society mansions dotted along the Bellevue Avenue. 

End your day with a delicious, seasonally-inspired, three-course dinner for two in the Dining Room at Castle Hill.


Inclusions
*Two-night stay at the Castle Hill Inn
*Gourmet breakfast and afternoon tea
*Cheese plate and ½ bottle of wine upon arrival
*Two tickets to any Newport Preservation Society        Mansion
*Three course dinner for two in the Dining Room at  Castle Hill

590 Ocean Drive Newport, RI - 888-466-1355

No comments:

Post a Comment