Sunday, January 9, 2011

Blue & Brown Bedroom

Here is a before and after project I would love to share with you.  

When I first walked into this room, the walls were a beautiful butter yellow with sheer window treatments.  The first thing I noted was that the soft and filmy window treatments did not balance the weight of the new heavy furniture, that was recently purchased.  I took out my measuring tape, pad and pencil and started to design some full-length window treatments using beautiful silk fabrics and trims.    

This photo is the after photo, but I wanted you to see the finished room first. 



Here is the before photo
Boy did I have plans for this wall over the bed! 



 This sitting area is soon going to be cozy and relaxing




 The pillows above are from the ready-made bedding ensemble that I worked off of for the wall color and selecting the complementary fabrics and trims.



Voila!  A  completely different room

 Told ya I had plans for over the bed!



To see more of my work and work of other designers, you can check out my web site.New England Fine Living.com

No comments:

Post a Comment