Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Butterfly Quotes

On a serious note.... When I made the life changing decision to become single after 26 years, I found myself gravitating towards butterflies.  I have always loved them ( my favorite color periwinkle is the color of the small butterflies I used to chase in my back yard as a child), but I never wore them or decorated with them.  Then, one day I decided to purchased a sterling silver butterfly ring to wear and look at during a challenging time.
  It was to remind me that this change was going to take me from a caterpillar to a butterfly... to a place where I could finally spread my wings and fly in any direction of my choice.  Strange thing is.... The butterfly ring fell off my finger and was lost just a few days after I no longer needed it.  The reason I am bringing this up is that tonight, I came across some butterfly quotes I had saved on my computer, remembered what I had endured, and thought some of you might like to read them.    


How does one become a Butterfly she asks?  “You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.

Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you. 
 ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."  ~Hans Christian Anderson



Love is like a butterfly:  It goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes.  ~Author Unknown

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.  ~Maya Angelou


Just like the butterfly, I too will awaken in my own time.  ~Deborah Chaskin

If nothing ever changed, there would be no butterflies


 Linda Calder Smith, owner of http://www.newenglandfineliving.com is an Allied ASID Interior Designer in Middleton MA, Westford MA, New England, owner of New England Fine Living, and Party Planner North of Boston. Classic New England Style or Glam Interior Design and parties have been most recently completed in Middleton, Carlisle, Andover, North Andover, Marblehead, Boston, Salem, Newburyport, Newbury, Ipswich, Westford, Boxford, Topsfield, and so many more surrounding towns!

No comments:

Post a Comment